Lord, you were favorable to your land;
you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
2 You forgave the iniquity of your people;
you covered all their sin. Selah
3 You withdrew all your wrath;
you turned from your hot anger.
4 Restore us again, O God of our salvation,
and put away your indignation toward us!
5 Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you prolong your anger to all generations?
6 Will you not revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?
7 Show us your steadfast love, O Lord,
and grant us your salvation. Psalm 85:1-7
A. Seeking Revival: Knowing God and Experiencing His Love
1. We are loved with an everlasting love: Jer. 31:3, John 15:9
2. We are loved with a pursuing love: Gen. 3:8-9, Isaiah 62:11-12
3. We are loved with a sacrificial love: 1 John 4:7-10, John 4:34, 5:30, 6:38-39
4. We are loved with an adopting love: Eph. 1:3-5, 1 John 3:1-4
5. We are loved with a receiving love: John 14:1-3, John 17:24, Rev. 21:1-5
6. We are loved with a restoring love: John 21:15-17, Eph. 2:1-7
B. Seeking Revival: Loving God with Our Whole Being: Mark 12:28-30
Definition of the Heart: The heart is the governing center of a person. It describes the complexity of our inner being—as composed of mind (what we know), desires (what we love), and will (what we choose).”
C. Seeking Revival: Loving People as Jesus Loves
1. What is required to love as Jesus loves?
a. Live controlled by His love: 2 Cor. 5:14-15
– The evidence of such a life: 2 Cor. 5:14
b. See people through His eyes: Matthew 9:35-38
c. Identify people as they are
– Saints: Eph. 1:1
– Suffers: 2 Cor. 5:2, Job 14:1, Ps. 90:10, Phil. 1:29
– Sinners: Eph. 4:32