Please come join us as we begin a “rejoicing in the Lord” journey with Paul in his final letter addressed to the Philippians church. We will go verse by verse through this epistle practicing basic study tools to help enrich our time in Gods word. (If you are attending the Tuesday evening study, this can be a fun hands on application of what is being learned). May it inflame our hearts to deeper worship and knowledge of the God who saves us and loves us.
Why study Philippians?
From Dr. Steven Lawson:
- It is an intensely personal book. The relationship that the apostle Paul had developed with the believers in Philippi was a close bond marked by a deep affection.
- It is a joy producing book. It was written by Paul to encourage the hearts of believers and urged them to rejoice in the Lord.
- It is a gospel focused book. There is a repeated emphasis on the good news of salvation that is in God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
- It is a doctrinally rich book. It is an apostolic letter that contains great theological truth.
- It is a prayer inclining book. From the opening of this book, the apostle Paul expresses his sincere prayers offered on behalf of the Philippines.
- It is a holiness growing book. This letter teaches us much about how to live the Christian life.
- It is an eternity gazing book. Here we are given the eternal perspective we need as we are faced with life‘s difficulties and trials.
When and Where
We will meeting the third Saturday of each month at 8:30 in Fellowship Hall, starting October 16. If you are interested, or plan to attend, please sign up at the back of the church, or contact Dana Altland. If you are new to QBC or don’t know how to contact Dana, you can call the church office at 410 884-9111. Notes and lesson preparation will be provided before each session.