Each summer a number of QBC’s youth dedicate themselves to a full week of service and study. A typical day starts with breakfast and a morning bible study, followed by Christian service, and a break for lunch. In the afternoon is additional study, and then some free time. In the evening they end the day with another bible study. Led by Jon Sole and Gene Anderson, the studies will be in Mica.
Below is an example list of service / fellowship / study activities that our youth participate in, pulled from a previous Student Discipleship Week.
- Sailing on Narraganset Bay
- Rebuild the “Dog House” protective cover over the accessible exit on the rear of Fellowship Hall
- Blew and swept the church parking lot and basketball courts
- Tore down a metal shed behind Pastor Jim’s office
- Stained the Outreach House fence
- Visited residents at South County Nursing Home
- Visited QBC Shut-Ins
- Served dinner to the homeless at the Providence Rescue Mission
- Daily morning, afternoon, and evening bible studies