Lord, you were favorable to your land;
you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
2 You forgave the iniquity of your people;
you covered all their sin. Selah
3 You withdrew all your wrath;
you turned from your hot anger.
4 Restore us again, O God of our salvation,
and put away your indignation toward us!
5 Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you prolong your anger to all generations?
6 Will you not revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?
7 Show us your steadfast love, O Lord,
and grant us your salvation. Psalm 85:1-7
A. Seeking Revival: Knowing God and Experiencing His Love: Eph. 3:14-19
B. Seeking Revival: Loving God with Our Whole Being: Mark 12:28-30
C. Seeking Revival: Loving People as Jesus Loves:
1. What is required to love as Jesus loves? 2 Cor. 5:14-15
2. What qualities are in the love Jesus has toward people?
a. How Jesus loved people: a journey through John’s gospel
– Compassionate confronter: John 3:1-3
– Sacrificial seeker: John 4:4-7
– Sympathetic liberator: John 8:10-11
– Aggressive pursuer: John 9:35-38
– Familiar identifier: John 20:17
– Tender handler: John 20:24-29
– Graceful restorer: John 21:15-19
b. Qualities in the love Jesus has toward people: Matt. 22:34-40, Rom. 13:8, Gal. 5:13-15, 1 Tim. 1:5, 1 Cor. 13:1-13, Exodus 20:1-17