For Christ also sufferedonce for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in whichhe went and proclaimedto the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him. 1 Peter 3:18-22
B. Christ’s Victorious Achievement Proclaimed by us: John 17:17-18
1. Into the visible world: 1 Peter 3:15, Mark 16:15, Acts 8:1-4, 1 Tim. 3:14-16
2. Into the unseen world: Eph. 3:7-10, Eph. 6:12
C. Christ’s Victorious Achievement Exalted through us: 1 Peter 3:22
1. Into the visible world: 1 Peter 2:9, Psalm 22:3Isaiah 43:19-21,
2. Into eternity: 1 Peter 3:22, Phil. 2:9-11, Rev. 5:13-14
APPLYING THE WORD
1. Am I contributing to the Gospel mission in my church?
2. Is a life of praise something I am striving to live?
3. Is Christ’s authority in heaven my authority on earth?