Pray for Open Doors
Colossians 4:2-3 – Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.
Open doors can’t be taken for granted. Many missionaries work in countries that are difficult to access or in areas that are resistant to the gospel. But “open doors” includes more than just access to nations and people groups. Individuals’ hearts also need to be open and receptive to Got’s truth.
- Pray that God will open doors of ministry, blessing partnerships and friendships.
- Pray that those who serve will be led by the Holy Spirit and recognize open-door opportunities.
- Pray that God will lead his people past barriers to hearts ready to receive His Word.
Pray for Boldness in Witness
Ephesians 6:19 – Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that i will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.
Missionaries are regular people who fear pain and rejection as much as anyone else. When faced with opposition, they need God’s strength to help them stand firm.
- Pray that missionaries will have boldness to overcome the fear of embarrassment or failure.
- Pray that the Spirit will provide them with words that communicate effectively in other cultures and languages.
- Pray against evil forces that would seek to hinder the spread of the gospel.
Pray that God’s Word will Spread
2 Thessalonians 3:1 – Finally, dear brothers and sisters, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes…
In some countries, open doors may expose missionaries to the possibility of danger and personal harm. Opposition to the gospel may include hatred and violence.
- Pray that God will keep Christian workers safe from those who seek to hurt them.
- Pray that God will changes the hearts of those who are resistant to His Word.