August 20th through 24th nine of QBC’s youth group dedicated themselves to full days of service and study. After breakfast and a morning bible study, the students worked and performed Christian service, breaking for lunch. Then they met for an afternoon study, before some free time. In the evening they ended the day with another bible study. Led by Gene Anderson, the studies were an intensive study of 2 Timothy. The study time engaged the students and prompted many to continue to meet and discuss topics after the main study ended.
Below is the list of service / fellowship / study activities that our youth were blessed to encounter during the Student Discipleship Week.
- Sailing on Narraganset Bay
- Rebuild the “Dog House” protective cover over the accessible exit on the rear of Fellowship Hall
- Blew and swept the church parking lot and basketball courts
- Tore down a metal shed behind Pastor Jim’s office
- Stained the Outreach House fence
- Visited residents at South County Nursing Home
- Visited QBC Shut-Ins
- Served dinner to the homeless at the Providence Rescue Mission
- Daily morning, afternoon, and evening bible studies